ESPORTS WEEK IN REVIEW | 40 COLLEGES GIVING $4M+ IN SCHOLARSHIPS, ELEAGUE'S RECORD RATINGS
TNL Take: Even with a short week - when did Memorial Day extend into Tuesday? - eSports still saw a lot of activity. We looked at the massive growth in the Collegiate eSports space as well as ELEAGUE's fantastic TV ratings for Street Fighter.
Naturally the biggest news of the week was dropped on Thursday morning with Riot Games "worst-kept-secret" of franchising coming to NA League of Legends which The Next Level will cover next week.
Here's what happened this week:
NEXT WEEK ON THE NEXT LEVEL
- LEAGUE OF LEGENDS FRANCHISING: WHAT'S IT MEAN FOR ESPORTS?
- TNL ESPORTS GUEST PODCAST 005: PARIS-ST GERMAIN, HEAD OF ESPORTS W/ BORA "YELLOSTAR" KIM
- ESPORTS TEAM BRAND DEALS: DR. PEPPER, VODAPHONE, RUSSIAN BANK
- BUD LIGHTS 2ND YEAR INVESTING IN ESPORTS
- MORE BRANDS THAT SPONSORED EA MADDEN'S CLUB SERIES
- AND MORE....