ESPORTS WEEK IN REVIEW | FRANCHISING: RIOT VS. ACTIVISION, DISNEY'S ESPORTS OPPORTUNITY, VERSUS SPORTS ACQUIRES TTG ESPORTS, 7 TOTAL MADDEN ATHLETES
TNL Take: I know I've said this many times but I don't recall a week in the past year where so much eSports news was released:
- Team EnVyUs potentially raising $35M
- Vainglory publisher SuperEvilMegacorp - best name ever - raising $19M to bring their total to a whopping $63M
- Capcom's potential eSports plans for MVCI
- OpTic Gaming's brand deal with Chipotle
- eSports potentially at the Paris 2024 Olympic Games
- Gankstars becomes 1st eSports team to be part of Verizon Media Tech Ventures
- Disney To Launch Digital/OTT Service
- Overwatch League Adds 2 More Franchises, More Pro Sports Investment
The Next Level will dive deeper as always into the latest news.
This week, we partnered with SuperData to analyze the Franchising options between Riot Game's League of Legends North American League and Activision Blizzard's Overwatch League, Disney's eSports Opportunity: 1 Year Later and Versus Sports Acquires TTG eSports, 7 Total Madden Athletes for upcoming competitive season.
[Disclaimer: Versus Sports is part of the the portfolio of companies with The Next Level]
Also great guesses by the Twitterverse on the potential new franchise cities for the Overwatch League.
The Next Level was off