NBA 2K LEAGUE PANEL VIDEO
TNL Take: Last week at the TEAMS Conference in Orlando, The Next Level presented a NBA 2K League eSports panel with NBA executives and those directly on the front lines with their teams.
A few of the topics that we covered:
- Why are the NBA and 2K doing this?
- We’ve seen the 1st announcement with the 76ers and Blue Cross as their first brand sponsor for the 2K team. What sponsor categories are going to be most active in this league and who will it be open to?
- What are the Celtics, Jazz and Wizards going to do differently to pull ahead in the 2K League?
- Viewers are now going to be asked to watch a “digital Dan from Dallas.” How’s the NBA addressing this issue of getting viewers to watch unknown eSports athletes?
- With the announcements of the NALCS franchising and OWL league spots, how do you think that this will help the 2k League start with a very heavy presence of NBA teams in those leagues?
- How will the draft be executed and will trades be allowed?